Deciding on where to go out to dinner can be difficult, so lots of people turn to Yelp to help them choose. Trusting reviews of people who’ve been there takes some of the guesswork out and now Yelp has a new feature that shows which menu items are most popular with users.
It’s called “popular dishes” and according to Yelp, it uses “machine learning” to analyze the nearly 155-million reviews and photos on the app to identify the dishes that got the best reviews from featured restaurants. And if you trust the experiences other diners have had at the same spot, this could tell you what’s good to order there.
So in honor of the new feature, Yelp has shared its list of the top ten most popular dishes in the country, ranked according to user reviews.
- New England Clam Chowder at Pike Place Chowder in Seattle, Washington
- Pork Buns at Ippudo East Village in New York, New York
- Maine Lobster Roll at Neptune Oyster in Boston, Massachusetts
- Tea Leaf Salad at Burma Superstar in San Francisco, California
- Wood Oven Roasted Pig Face at Girl & the Goat in Chicago, Illinois
- Crab Legs at Bacchanal Buffet in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Chargrilled Oysters at Acme Oyster House in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Uni Pasta at EMC Seafood & Raw Bar in Los Angeles, California
- Lewellyn’s Fine Fried Chicken at Yardbird Southern Table & Bar in Miami Beach, Florida
- Curry Udon at Marukame Udon in Honolulu, Hawaii
Source: Food and Wine