Sociopaths make up 4% of the population in the U.S. and because they’re so good at being manipulative, they’re really hard to spot. I have definitely dated some of these people!
Here are some red flags to watch out for:
- They had six jobs in the last five years - Sociopaths tend to struggle to hold down a regular job or do anything that requires a long-term commitment to others. And they have a million excuses why the job didn’t work out.
- They like to gaze into your eyes, but super intensely - They’re extremely confident, so maintaining eye contact is easy for sociopaths.
- There are stacks of unpaid bills piled up at home - Sociopaths are known for being irresponsible and not taking care of financial obligations.
- They talk in extremes - Sociopaths can be compulsive liars and offer big promises, but it’s not sincere.
- They like to drink!- Risky behavior like excessive drinking, drug abuse, and compulsive gambling are common for sociopaths.
- They never say sorry - A sociopath might even turn it around on you and blame you. Sociopaths tend to play the victim and not take responsibility for their actions.
- BUT you feel sorry for him - “If you find yourself often pitying someone who consistently hurts you or other people, and who actively campaigns for your sympathy,” psychologist Martha Stout says, “the chances are close to 100% that you are dealing with a sociopath.”
Do any of these signs resonate with you??? Click on the FULL ARTICLE HERE!